Sunday, October 11, 2009

My newest dress for "Little Women"

So, I'm in charge of ALL the costumes for the next play my homeschool group is doing: "Little Women." This is a HUGE job, but I'm really excited about the challenge. I have been going to Goodwills and thrift stores looking for modern things I can convert into 1860's style. I found this dress and decided to change it into a bustle dress (for Amy to wear when she travels to Europe). So I put the dress on my dressform and just started pinning. It turned out WAY better than I ever expected!! I'm really excited about the way it looks and also about all my future projects that I should be posting on here as I complete them.

Here are some before shots:
(front)
(back)

During construction:
(front)
(back)

And final look:
(front)

(back)

2 comments:

Hannah Banana said...

Oh my goodness! You are so talented, Rebecca. Miss you!

Amy said...

Fantastic job! :)