I promised to do something special in honor of my 30th follower and I definitely intend to keep my word!!
Several of you participated in Amanda Beth Online's "Maid Marian's Wardrobe" event. Well, Amanda has inspired me to start my own event on my blog. I am very excited and can't wait to hear your thoughts about my creative challenge!
The story of Little Women has inspired many young girls for over 150 years! Each character in the story is unique, but so similar and real to us, even in 2010. There are even quizzes that you can take to see who you are most like: Meg, Jo, Beth or Amy...but most of us already know which character we relate to the best.
Because Little Women has been a loved story through the generations, I couldn't think of any better story to create this event for, than that of the four sisters we all know and love.
Little Women of 2010 - A Literary Inspired Challenge will be a week long affair lasting Sunday, February 21st to Saturday, February 27th. During the event I will be posting pictures from different Little Women adaptations and I have a few plans up my sleeve. I am very excited about this challenge!
I have lots of ideas about how you can participate in different categories having to do with Little Women! I'm hoping that quite a few people participate in this event and are able to show the world that the story of those four "little women" still lives on today!
Please post comments and ideas for this event! I really want to know what you think!
There will be four categories that you can enter:
1. Little Women Inspired Post - I have often heard people say that their four sisters are just like the four sisters in Little Women. They have the same character traits and behaviors! This category is pretty much open to any kind of blog post about Little Women such as, you can write about your sisters (or just yourself) and how you relate to the March sisters. Or you can also create a blog post dedicated to a certain character from the story. Almost anything is accepted, just be creative!
2. Modern Little Women - When reading a book, you sometimes remember times when you were in a similar situation and you reacted the same or differently. In this category you must write a non-fiction short story inspired by one of the chapters or situations from Little Women, with you and/or your sisters as the main characters. Please keep your story to 400 words or less.
3. Little Women Photo shoot - I love photography and being able to capture character with just a click of the camera. So for this category, have a photo shoot with you and/or your sisters in the 1860 style. You can even be in character as the March sisters. Be creative! I can't wait to see what you think up!
4. The Costumes of Little Women - There are several interesting dresses and accessories in all of the Little Women movie adaptations. For this category, you must create a garment or accessory from an inspiration piece taken from one of the movies. (Please provide a photo of your inspiration.)
5. Artsy Little Women - In this category you can create any sort of artsy thing having to do with Little Women. Drawing, sketching, crafting, etc. is allowed in this category. If you want to know if a particular thing belongs in the this category, just drop me a note and I'll let you know.
For each category, simply create a post on your blog and I will have a place where you can leave a link to your post. Saturday, February the 27th, I will close the contest and three judges (me included) will look at all of the posts and judge based on creativity and originality. We will choose the finalists for each category and then allow the public to cast their votes. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!
So please help me promote this challenging event! I have some banners below that you can add to your blog or website. If you are interested in participating make sure you have added a banner to your blog somewhere! Click on the picture and it should bring up the flickr photo page. Click "all sizes" and you can download the small size and save it to your computer and upload it to your site. Also, you can post about the event and let all your friends know about it! Just make sure you leave a link to this post.
I have some really exciting ideas for this event and I cannot wait! So get started thinking about which categories you are going to enter! I just know it's going to be a very fun event!